FACT: HealthITis revolutionizing the way patients and healthcare professionals deal with health information.
Health information technology, or “health IT”, refers to the technologies and tools that allow health care professionals and patients to store, share and analyze health information.
It is currently reshaping the system by:
- Reduced paperwork
- Increases accessibility
- Better communication
- Greater convenience
- It provides a complete picture of a patient’s medical history which is vital in managing health
Everyone caring for the patient can have access to their health information to better manage treatment and look after their progress.
Why Microsoft HealthVault?
Microsoft HealthVault helps patients gather, store, use, and share health information with family, doctors and healthcare providers.
These are the benefits of Microsoft HealthVault:
1. Microsoft HealthVault gives one place to access health information online. There are many ways to add information and connect with data from healthcare providers.
2. HealthVault is connected to several apps and computer software that can enable the patient to get more out of—and put more into—HealthVault.
3. A growing list of devices such as pedometers, blood pressure monitors, blood glucose monitors, and even weight scales work with HealthVault.
4. Patients can share any part of their health record with anyone they choose to make sure that everyone is updated.
5. It is secure and accessible through any devices connected to the internet.
In Touch EMR is now integrated with Microsoft HealthVault!
In Touch EMR recognizes that the capability for accessible health records benefits providers and patients both ways.
Patients get the best care with a complete medical history and secure access to their records. As one of the providers who use In Touch EMR, you get the HealthIT advantage.
Patients have the right to their medical records!
Patients have the right to get a copy of their medical record. With In Touch EMR and Microsoft HealthVault, you get to collaborate with your patient and send them the information they need real-time.