Clinicians are used to ICD-9 Codes. Started October 1, 2015, using ICD-10 code is mandatory. In Touch EMR provided a mapping tool for easy search of corresponding ICD-10 code from ICD-9 code.
To find out the corresponding ICD-10 code of ICD-9 codes go to the Subjective section of your documentation.
Under the Primary Diagnosis and Encounter Diagnosis, click on the
1) ‘Search ICD-9 Codes’ tab based on the patient’s current situation.
2) Click on the blue ICD-9 link and this will show you a pop up box.
ICD 9 to ICD 10 Map
This is the pop up tool that will appear once you click on the ICD-9 Code link on the Primary and Encounter diagnosis section. This shows the corresponding ICD-10 code for the ICD-9 code selected.
In this example, ICD-9 code V91.20 can be translated approximately to O30.209
How to Search the Corresponding ICD-10 Code in In Touch EMR?
Here are the steps on how to search for the corresponding ICD-10 code in In Touch EMR
1) Click on the ‘Add ICD-10’ button.
On our example above, ICD-9 code V91.20 can be translated approximately to O30.209
2) Type in the ICD-10 Code in the ICD-10 Code search box
Note that when searching for the code manually, please remove the decimal point.
e.g O30.209 – O30209
3) You can also search using a description on the ‘Descriptio’ search box.
Note that when searching for the description, using a lesser word is necessary to get a better search result.
4) Click on the ‘Add’ button